Tuesday, June 12, 2012

...the lost art of black and white

...I've never had much luck with black and white...I mean I see some great stuff, but MY stuff always looks like soft-serve grey scale...Yecch !... so, I recently shot some Hot Rods at the Good Guys event in Colorado this June...thought maybe, I would try converting some of the better shots into B/W, in the camera (yes, the K-01), using the Monochrome digital filter and sliders... the sliders allow a red, green, blue or infra-red filter to be applied to the grey scale...or something like that, as the only thing I'm certain of is that B/W is a science to itself... and the variations are continuous and never ending






...kind-of-snappy, huh ??? you decide... they are BOLD ! and will generate a lot of comment...hate mail can be sent to ronnie_b@comcast.net...but hey, you may like them...I do, and I think these, like the posterization pix shown earlier would make interesting wall art for some part of a home, but NOT the main living area... actually, these would do well on garage walls, as the Posterization pix are already lining the men's room ...enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment